Yorkshire Caving / Potholing Clubs
- Bradford Pothole Club
- The club's headquarters, Brackenbottom, is near Horton-in-Ribblesdale on the flanks of Penyghent.
As well as sport caving activities, the membership is active in original underground exploration;
digging, diving and extending known caves, and is also active in other outdoor sports.
- Craven Pothole Club
- Caving activities are centred in the Yorkshire Dales, with regular visits to other caving areas and
climbing and walking trips to the Lake District and Scotland.
The club's headquarters are located in Skipton, North Yorkshire, with field headquarters in Horton-in-Ribblesdale,
next to the Crown Hotel, and these provide members and their guests with low cost accommodation in the heart
of the Dales caving area.
- Morley Potholing Club
- A small but active club based around the Leeds/West Yorkshire area, caving mainly in the Dales but also
further afield. Field meets to suit all levels are organised and training provided.
- Northern Penine Club
- The NPC is one of the oldest and largest caving clubs in the UK. Founded in 1946 it has been responsible
for many of the great caving discoveries in the Yorkshire Dales.
Although mainly a caving club the NPC also has an active community of climbers, walkers and cyclists.
The NPC has a large base at Greenclose, just outside of Clapham, that provides a focus for
its activities and accommodation for both members and guests.
- Sheffield University Speleological Society
- With regular trips out into the Peaks and weekend trips to the Yorkshire Dales and elsewhere,
SUSS is an active club that welcome people of all abilities.
- University of Leeds Speleological Association
- A friendly, active society which visits and explores caves in the Yorkshire Dales, Britain and worldwide.
ULSA organises a caving trip every weekend, usually to the Yorkshire Dales, open to all and with no previous experience necessary.
- York University Cave & Pothole Club
- YUCPC is based at the University of York. Club trips run most weekends to the Yorkshire Dales and other
locations. The club is primarily aimed at students, however all are welcome.
- Yorkshire Subterranean Society
- The club has regular meets to various caving areas around the Dales, and has its own hut known as
‘the school’ which provides dales based accommodation for members and outside parties.